Saturday, June 5, 2010

Just another ride

119 today. Mostly climbing and full of incident. I love this game. Today I loved the view at the top of Howth at 7am. I loved that guy on the ancient Colnago who accompanied me up the Stocking Lane climb. I loved passing the SUV with its waving little girls as I dropped at 71kmh into Tallaght. I especially loved the triathlete who refused to return my 'Hi' as I passed him on the back way up to Sally Gap. Triathletes, huh? No matter how many times you drop them they still maintain their air of innate superiority.

Easy day tomorrow. About 80 probably, 50 with a newbie from spin. And then I'll teach spin. Newbie's not coming.

2 comments:

  1. I once dropped at speed into Tallaght (before it became 'Tallah') and passed a truck on the inside down 'the embankment' because trying to slow/stop would have been even more dangerous. Scared the shit out of myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was pretty terrified too, truth be told. The bike started shaking as I hit 70kmh. I thought I had flatted.

    ReplyDelete