Thursday, June 10, 2010

In which Cycles is faced with three options but a single choice

Although as yet unfitted on my new bicycle and still mentally unprepared for the exertions that await this Sunday, I am choosing to focus my energies on a much more pressing question, viz, just how super cool can I look as I ascend Slieve Mann? And thus I present you with three bicycling jersey options (as modelled by my First Born) and ask that you take a moment to register your vote in the sidebar and should you so wish, your reasoning in the comment section.


Option 1: Boards.ie

A present from a most generous (and mildly famous) spin participant, this boards.ie jersey causes people to shout 'Boardsie!' at one in the street and to ask questions like 'What's your handle?' and 'Do you know Lumen?'

The colour 'brings out' my eyes, but like the first born I will most likely be wearing shades.


Option 2: Nuclear devastation.

This jersey doesn't really know what it wants to be. Is it anti- pollution? Pro holocaust? The words 'Nuke 'em' written down the side and a skull and crossbones motif across the back pockets suggest the latter. These pockets are also annoyingly tight, but don't let that affect your vote. I care not one whit for comfort or convenience. I just want to look like a badass.


Option 3: Almost retro Pro Tour

My first ever bicycle jersey from the team that became Caisse D'Epargne. Once worn by Alejandro Valverde, which doubtless lends it something of the bad boy if not bad ass, and a mere five years old which may not quite allow it qualify as retro, this is still a Pro Tour top and Pro Tour tops should really only be worn by pro riders or complete losers. I am, I hope not, yet hope, neither.

Thank you for your time and vote.

13 comments:

  1. i still think you should wear a morph suit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Boards if you're feeling sociable, nuclear if you feel the need to be harshly judged (is that a primal jersey? eesh) and Balears if you are confident that you will sail up the climbs, scything through the pack breathing only through your nose.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really just a question of which kind of Fred do you wish to be :)

    Obviously just jealous that I cannot join you on this excursion.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't go wrong with flames. Unless they are actual flames, in which case you should pack a small fire extinguisher.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kirses:
    I like your reasoning.

    Irishman:
    I have authenticity issues. I'm awfully lurky.

    Seasonticket:
    That's just your Europhilia talking.

    Rosie:
    I'm saving that for July 31st.

    Tom:
    Number 3, so.

    Thanks for reading my blog.

    Mark:
    Can I be the kind of Fred who uses emoticons?

    And boo hoo, Mr German Alps.

    Grimsaburger:
    Would a small pump do it?

    You're in something of a minority, I fear.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What FMC said. If you wear the boards one Darragh Doyle will become an ambassador of Cycles Goff and do straight to camera TV things on the internet ... IN YOUR NAME.

    It must be retro. Or I can lend you a vest

    ReplyDelete
  7. My reasoning was based on nothing other than it is the prettiest...*girl*

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm with Twenty and FMC, but it's probably all over now so I hope you wore Le Retro and that it got you through the teeth-grinding bits.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you all. I went with the vote and wore Boards. I am now in talks with Darragh Doyle. I say talks but the ball gag in his mouth is making the conversation rather one way.

    This blog was supposed to be about something apart from Darragh Doyle. Oh well.

    ReplyDelete