Monday, June 7, 2010

In which Cycles dreams of chasing the chubby

There's Bert now, the big fatso, storming his way to another accidental victory. While I share the venerable Shane Stoke's concerns that Alberto has been eating all the pies, I remain confident that, given that the Dauphiné is plenty hillsome, there is no one in a field of also cycleds capable of taking this one from the squeaky Spaniard. I mostly look forward to the Alpe d'Huez stage of next Saturday as it will be the first time I will watch a pro race up that particular incline in the knowledge that I too will soon tackle its bumps. I may not dance up the switchbacks like Alberto, but I can at least follow slowly in his wheel spins, running a Sean Kelly commentary in my head.

July 20 - 24. Cycles Goff hits des Alpes.

2 comments:

  1. But first that Wicklow 200? So it's a hilly warm-up pour les Alpes? I hope you're eating an Alp-sized mountain of calories every day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup Wicklow first. Then Mont Ventoux if I can sneak away from the children on the family holiday. And then, and only then, Les Alpes.

    ReplyDelete